Sunday, February 7, 2010

Where do you go for comfort?

Ever have those times when you are feeling sad but don’t really know why? It could be something you or someone else said or did, perhaps something you saw or read. It doesn’t really matter, because you feel the same. The worst feeling in the world is to feel that way but alone. No one to hold, tell you they love you, and that you can get through this.

It is nirvana to think that someone is out there watching over us; wanting to ease our pain, help us through. Recently saw Ghost Town. This wasn’t the first time that I’d seen it. I still laughed at the funny bits but ‘felt’ more. I must be having a thing for the afterlife right now. I find it endearing that the dead want/need to heal those left behind before they can move on.

Maybe it’s because I’m a father now, but the parts with children especially get me. My kids are the best. I haven’t seen them for two weeks now but cannot imagine never being able to hold them or comfort them again. I guess that is the real message; try to live so that if you were to go tomorrow there would be no regrets. No unfinished business. The song playing by Mason Jennings is on the soundtrack; and I liked it.

No comments: