Monday, December 1, 2008

I Now Pronounce You Pumpkin and Wife

So, I just got back from one of the coolest weekends of my life! No seriously, this was one that I will remember forever. A few of my readers may recall that one of my first posts was about a concert that my wife and I attended last year by the Smashing Pumpkins (SP). CLICK HERE Well, we had the opportunity to make it all happen again. But this was like the same experience on steroids! We didn’t just go to the concert, but we got to meet the band, take personal pictures with them, stand in the front row, and all of this in Las Vegas!
Yes, on steroids!

Me chatting it up with the boys.

My wife playing it cool with the masters of rock 'n roll.

I know many have said it, and I will too, but Billy Corgan is one of the coolest people that I have met; very chill and on-your-level. You know, seeing him and Jimmy Chamberlain was like they had just stepped out of a YouTube video in front of you. I did notice being in person that Billy’s shoulders are really narrow; not something that I had paid attention to before; and Jimmy has huge biceps, but I guess that when Mr. Corgan writes songs that have you beating the drum heads for 9 min straight you need some serious muscle.
Ginger - a seriously cool bass-playing lady.

Being in the front row of the concert was awesome. I have never been that close to the stage and having done it as part of our SP experience made it that much better. The play list was fantastic. We got to hear many of our favorites along with several new songs. The stage set was great; the sound awesome; and the band was dressed as you would expect them to be. No disappointments.

I also got to meet several other fans that were SP VIPs. I can say that the Pumpkin fan base is diverse. We saw people from all ranges of the spectrum and many that were just like us; totally excited to be meeting one of their favorite bands and having killer seats for the show.


It is interesting what will bring people together; maybe it’s a religious belief, political view, or biological connection. It could be a certain person’s ability to unite others under a sense of oneness; to feel understood, important, and complete; Billy Corgan has that power. I thank God that I had this experience and that I was able to share it with the hottest Pumpkin Peep out there…my wife. Let’s do it again Babe!

No comments: