Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Bruce Dickinson says he's got a fever

As the elections came to a close I was sad, in more than one way. But mostly it was because Saturday Night Live would no longer be doing the Thursday Update shows. I was getting used to having the political satire on a semi-weekly basis. Political discussions were heated both in my personal and professional lives. But this show added some much needed jest at the whole process. Now, I’m not knocking our democratic method of electing officials in the least, but rather that people get so ‘into it’ for a matter of a few months and then return to being ‘neutral’. I can’t stand that mentality; that’s another post all together.

So, mourning my twice weekly SNL fix, I went in search of my favorite past skits. By the way, did you know that Amy Poehler will not be back after her maternity leave? Yep, unless they get her to come back like Tina Fey, we will no longer be seeing Hillary Clinton on the late night. Anyway. Both my wife and I are big Will Ferrell fans and Christopher Walken fans. So what better way to culminate those two favorites than a parody skit of an episode of Behind the Music: Blue Oyster Cult. Click HERE to see it. The best line is…’I’ve got a fever; and the only prescription is more cowbell.’ So, watch and laugh a little. Life is too short.

1 comment:

Allison Claire said...

I've got a fever and the only prescription is MORE COWBELL!!! That is my favorite too. :)