Thursday, January 6, 2011

Is it time?

So, the desert is...hot and dry. But right now it's cold and dry. Yeah, not very interesting. But I did just find out that our lovely city was originally called Pumpkinville. Can you imagine the 5th largest metropolitan area in the U.S. as Pumpkinville? I like it better already.

Wii for Christmas. It's pretty awesome. I used to be big into Nintendo back when it was the NES and SNES but then got out of it when later systems came out. But at least with these games I don't feel like a total loser. I tried playing Madden football with a buddy a while ago. He killed me! I think it was part the controller (too many buttons) and part that he just wanted somebody to waste in football. But I'm not offended; I would have done the same.

So immigration...I'm not going to say much about it; specifically the illegal type. It's just a problem, one that we've ignored for way too long. I don't know what the 'fix' is but some decision needs to be made about it. Arizona is a prime example of what will continue to happen if no official federal stance is taken; require everyone to be able to prove their citizenship and soon to propose legislation to nullify the 14th Amendment's naturalization powers. Couple this with laws allowing people who own guns to both carry them in sight and concealed without special permits is just asking for trouble. Tensions are high on both sides. We need action, and McCain isn't getting it done. So, write you senators. And while you're at it, ask them to repeal the federal pay freeze. No, I'm lucky to have a job. But...seriously.

No comments: