Tuesday, November 11, 2008

My Country Tis of Thee...

As a citizen of the United States of America, I am indebted to those who choose to protect our country and way of life in the armed forces. Military service is a sacrifice, especially in times of global conflict. The manner in which these men and women perform their duties is something to wonder at. It comes down to good training and trust.

Having spent a considerable amount of time outside the States, I am appreciative of the freedoms that we enjoy and the general safety that I feel here. It is not the same in many parts of the world. Remember this the next time you see a Vet on the side of the road. They may have been drafted or possibly enlisted but the effects of war are the same on both of them. I don't think that any of us can go through the type of experiences that our soldiers do and be the same afterwards. To the brave men and women of past, present, and future service...I salute you!

No comments: