Thursday, September 18, 2008

It's A Beautiful Day

My family and I just returned from a trip to San Diego, California. Let me just say that there is a God and that even though Phoenix may have been overlooked in the creation phase (as I don’t understand why anyone would want to live in the furnace like hell that it is) there are some places that are near perfection. This was my first visit to Southern California. The weather was gorgeous; hovering between 70 and 80 degrees. The humidity makes your skin feel soft and supple; in contrast to the dry and scaly feeling that normally accompanies life in the desert. The people that we came in contact with were nice and courteous, and believe it or not the traffic was not that bad; even I was shocked at that.

We hit Legoland. This is a must see if you have young kids and even if you don’t. It was really fun, even for me. The restaurants were great and the scenery unparalleled. There is something about sitting on the beach, feeling the warm sun on your skin, hearing the waves gently crash upon the sand, and seeing surfers coast on the tops of the rolling water that is so peaceful. I think that I could be happy as a beach bum. But then again who couldn’t? I didn’t get a chance to try surfing or body boarding, but they are on the list for a future visit. We had a great time full of little adventures and can’t wait to go again. My wife even claims that I was ‘looked over’ as we passed a gay bar on our way back from dinner one evening. I have been hitting the gym a little more lately, but didn’t think that I was totally metro. Oh well, what you gonna’ do?

My only regret is that we didn’t get to visit Tijuana. But then again, from what I hear it’s not that cool. My wife and I will have to visit one of the more touristy places in Mexico at a later date with no kids. Any recommendations for where is best are welcome. Hang loose!

No comments: